The final event of the project “Individual Needs Based Vocational Education and Employment Support for People with Disabilities” was held by the Kutaisi Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC)at the Kutaisi City Hall, which also supported the entire project
The Chairperson of the Board of EDEC, Lika Kiladze, and the Deputy Mayor of Kutaisi Municipality, Nino Tvaltvadze, greeted the participants, and emphasized the goals of the project and its priorities to support individual needs based vocational education and employment of people with disabilities (PwD).
The results of the 8-month project are:
• Labor and vocational skills of 37 PwDs were assessed by a qualified specialist
• 30 PwDs completed professional orientation training-courses
• 10 PwDs completed confectionery, nail technician and hospitality management courses
• 7 PwDs were send to vocational schools and enrolled in the appropriate teaching programs
• 6 PwDs participated in the paid internship program implemented by the Social Service Agency. They passed on-the-job trainings and advanced their qualification in the chosen professions
• 6 PwDs were joining an employment program implemented by the Social Service Agency
• 4 PwDs were employed
At the event, the project beneficiaries were granted certificates.