Name: Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disability (EOPwD) Implementation period: 02.2018 – 01.2021 Implementation area: West Georgia
Donors /Partners: European Union (EU), Arbeiter Samariter Bund (ASB), Movement Accessible Environment for Everyone (AEE) Part of the budget assigned to EDEC: $23,582 Objective(s): The project aims to support the protection and promotion of the rights of persons with various disabilities in West Georgia. Target group(s): Persons with disability, Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs), LEPL Social Service Agency, Ministries, local governments Achieved Results:
- Regional workshops with the participation of public, private, and non-governmental organizations were held
- Guidebook on disability rights and available services for persons with disability was developed
- The innovative consultancy service “Disabled to Disabled” in three municipalities of West Georgia (a, b, and c) was established
- International study trip to show foreign approaches and initiatives to representatives of the consultancy service providers and the municipalities was organized
- Capacity-building training to strengthen and inspire the representatives of the consultancy service providers and the municipalities were organized.
- Training on ‘Accessible social services for people with disabilities for women from all ten regions of Georgia.
- Financial support for eight new social service-focused social enterprises was provided
- Two advocacy workshops to promote the rights of persons with disability were held
- Five advocacy campaigns to promote the rights of persons with disability was financed
- 30 public debates to advocate of rights of persons with disability were organized.
Name: From Dependency to Self-Sufficiency Innovative, Effective and Scalarable Livelihood Solutions for Georgia
Implementation period: 2015-2016
Implementation area: Mtsketa-Mtianeti (Akhalgori), Imereti (Kutaisi, Tskaltubo), Samegrelo (Zugdidi, Poti), Adjara (Batumi)
- European Union (EU)
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Charity Humanitarian Centre Abkhazeti (CHCA)
Part of the budget assigned to EDEC:
Objective: Economic integration of IDP and host communities (employment and self-employment) and support in creation of income resources
Target group(s): IDPs, host communities, war veterans by disability status
Beneficiaries: IDPs, host and war affected communities and eco migrants
- business incubator was established for IDP start-up businesses;
- 224 beneficiaries were registered for financial resource accessibility and implementation-development of business ideas;
- Local network of community organizations was established;
- Eight trainings were conducted with the participation of 130 persons;
- 71 IDPs attended trainings on career planning, job seeking, employment and self-employment;
- 16 of them were employed;
- 6 new community groups were created to activate five Home Owners Partnerships;
- 16 persons were involved in internship programs;
- 63 grants of various categories were issued.